Skip to Content

Early Termination of your California Probation and Expungement


Yes, you can petition the court to terminate your California probation early. However, there are many factors that the court must consider before terminating court probation early. The judge of course has the ultimate authority to grant early termination. However, the court will look at how much time the individual has spent on probation. The judge will also ensure that all of the other probation terms have been completed. In many cases your lawyer can also file a petition to have your criminal convictions expunged. If you have a prior conviction for DUI, petty theft, or any other criminal conviction and you are currently on probation you may think about hiring a lawyer to terminate your probation early and get your convictions expunged.